Monday, October 31, 2022

Georgia XXII

Back in 2017 I shared some pics from my visit to Ft. Gordon and the surrounding area. One of those smaller memorials was in Columbus, a community show of gratitude and love to those who served and were lost.

You can see that original post here.

In keeping with my ongoing, and seemingly growing, effort to highlight the faces seen on my journeys, the ones I call Faces of Remembrance, I returned today to that small, local, memorial and am sharing the faces from it that represent all who served.



These faces, as is the usual way, seem to be of no particular persons. Artist most often do this to avoid legal hassles down the road. Sometimes the faces or statues are a composite of several people, but I could find no indication that this was true in this case. Imagine if someday someone said "Hey, that's me and I want to be paid"or to have it taken down. What a mess that could be.

Next time, on November 5th, we will revisit Hawai'i', so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment