Saturday, November 5, 2022

Hawai'i'

Something a little bit different today.

As you know, if you follow this site with any regularity, that I am really big on sharing faces. Usually those faces come from statues or artwork of some kind representing those who gave so much, often everything, in our efforts in Vietnam.

Most often these faces in the series I call "Faces of Remembrance" come from a statue or some other artwork, from the inanimate,

I got looking at some of my picture from the dedication of the new memorial in Hawai'i' and realized they were full of pictures of actual faces of heroes.

So, today, here are a few of them. A few more another time.

Mary Jacob

Mary is not a vet but she is the creator of the Vietnam memorial at The Punchbowl.



Max Cleland

Max is the only one of these pics that I can swear is a 'Nam vet. If you don't know his story, I cannot recommend highly enough that you look in to it. He is a true American hero (though he would cringe at that) and an inspiration to all. I had the honor of meeting and spending some time with him in Hawai'i' and later nearer to my home. Amazing story, amazing man.

Next time, Veterans Day, I will try to have something special to post. Check it out at 11:11am.

To see additional memorials from Hawai'i', or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment