Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Iowa X

About 100 miles Northeast of Des Moines is the town of Parkersburg and I have featured the wonderful Veterans Park there before. You can see that post here.

This Faces of Remembrance image is the one that is on the black granite "walls" burdened with names that are throughout the park.

I have featured him before, but never is sole tribute.

I have begun traveling again and have recently been to Arizona and Colorado, so new memorials are coming, I never in my wildest dreams thought that the Faces of Remembrance subset of this site would take on such prominence and importance. I also never realized how few actual Statues (and faces) there are amongst our memorials.

I am pleased to say that memorials to our efforts in 'Nam are still being built, or added to, such as a new memorial park in Nebraska and an addition made to a relatively new memorial in New York. I hope to visit each of these in the not too distant future. I expect to be in Washington State early in the new year, hopefully I will find something of interest there.

In the meantime, join me next time for a post from Kansas on December 5th., as always at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Iowa, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment