Saturday, May 14, 2022

West Virginia XIII

The West Virginia Vietnam memorial is in Charleston, the Capitol. It is part of a larger memorial to the several 20th century wars and each has a statue of a representative soldier.

West Virginia, per capita, lost more citizens than any other state in 'Nam and more than 36,000 served and according to the latest numbers I can find 1128 were lost. A number that is much  higher than when I first wrote about West Virginia, at that time it was said to be 762.

This face represents and honors them all.

Next time, on the 19th, we will revisit Wisconsin, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from West Virginia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment