Monday, May 9, 2022

Washington XXI

When I last wrote of Washington, I discovered that I had completely overlooked the wonderful Spokane memorial. You can find that post here. Today, I want to focus on the face of the statue. In this ongoing Faces of Remembrance segment I hope to capture the emotion of the subject and the skill of the artist in capturing it.

So, here he is, the sole representative of the 300 named here. To me, he seems war worn, tired, resigned. I wonder what you see? Let me know at the email on the left.

The memorial was created by Deborah Copenhaver Fellows and it can be found in River Front Park.

I played around a bit with the image, and after some effort, I still think he looks tired and sad.

Next time, on the 14th, we will revisit West Virginia. Meet me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Washington, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, at the end of every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment