Sunday, December 6, 2020

New Jersey XIX

The memorial here is another of those with mixed information. It rests along the Cooper river in New Jersey in what I have seen called Memorial Grove.the confusion arises from where exactly this is. on some sites it is said ti be in Cherry Hill and on others, Pennsauken. Either way, they are not far apart from each other, so just get to Park Street and you will find it there among other memorials to the Holocaust and other sites.

I was on my way to the Vietnam memorial at the entrance to Veterans Island when I came across it. I am always happy to come across sites that i was unaware of. The Island was blocked off the day I was there and as I posted at the time it was horrible day, windy, cold, raining like hell, so I guess it was just as well. As posted elsewhere on this site , I did find the Vietnam memorial just outside the entrance to the Island and was able to get some pics, seen elsewhere here.


Standing alone, no signage of plaques of explanation, it honors those from a number of wars.

No names, but perhaps this is enough, no words necessary.

Next time, on the 11th, we will revisit New Mexico, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Jersey, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.


2 comments: