Monday, December 21, 2020

2020 Holiday Season

As many of you will know I take some time off from memorials during the holiday season. It gives me a break from always thinking about memorials and a chance to feature other, more light hearted photos.

Some will also know that I am captivated by the American southwest, the enormity, the beauty, and diversity never fail to capture my imagination and my heart.

Everyone is familiar with the iconic Saguaro cactus that blankets the Sonoran Desert but there is much other beauty to be found and enjoyed in the desert and I will share a couple of pics of some of these with you today.

This is one of several types of Aloe found in the Sonoran Desert which lies in Arizona, Mexico, and California. These photos are all from the general Tucson area.

While the focus is not quite perfect here, a beautiful flower is, well, just beautiful. These are found all across the area.

Another desert floor beauty.

Yucca growing along the side of the road.

Barrel cactus getting ready to bloom.   


And finally, the southwest is famous for its sunsets and this a shot out my hotel window, so some reflection, etc., but I await shots like this every time I am in the southwest and never tire of seeing and capturing them. 

Happy holidays to all!

So, next time, on the 26th, come on back for something else a bit different, as always, at 9:00am.

To see Vietnam memorials from any state, please click the state name on the let side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment