Saturday, December 26, 2020

2020 Holiday Season II

Well, it is the day after Christmas and it is cold with snow from the last fall. Its got me thinking of warmer climates and that makes me think of Hawai'i, since we were just in Arizona!

Here are some pics of some of the flora local to the island of Oahu.

This is some kind of Bromeliad, I think. It is just trying to bloom, if you look closely you can see the tiny flowers beginning to open.


Judging from the look of the leaves, I'd guess that this, too, is of the same family, but I have never seen anything like it.


No idea at all but, no less beautiful.

Here is one I have seen before, called bird of Paradise among other names it is available in many areas.


I'll end with another sunset. This was taken on Waikiki Beach, just happened to be there at the right time.

Speaking of time, next time will be New Years Eve, so check back if you get a moment for the last of my holiday, non memorial posts. After the 31st we will return to honoring our brothers and sisters, most especially those who are not able to enjoy this season with us, their, friends, their families.

To see Vietnam memorials from any state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment