Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Utah VII Faces of Remembrance

As you know, I have visited all 50 states on this journey, some more than others and I must say that I might have spent the least time in Utah. Something I need to remedy as soon as I can get out of this Coronovirus quarantine and back on the road. Hard to say when that might happen.

Today, I was looking through my files and came upon these faces from Utah and in keeping with the Faces of Remembrance subgroup of this effort, I thought I would honor them.

This first picture is from the state memorial in Salt Lake City on the capitol grounds. This memorial which is dedicated to Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia is the only one that I have seen that mentions these two additional sites. Places we were said to have never been, for all too long.


These next two are from The Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City, and it pays tribute to the Americans and the Vietnamese who so often fought side by side.



West Valley City is only about 10 miles from Salt Lake City, so, an easy visit.

Next time, on the 19th, we will return to Virginia, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Utah, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment