Sunday, July 19, 2020

Virginia XVIII

I continue to be drawn back to the Museum of the Marine Corps in Triangle, Virginia. It is a treasure trove of memorials many of which are to those who fought and died in Vietnam.

I have visited on several occasions and while looking over some of my photos, I found another that I have not posted.

Steve and I were leaving the outside memorial area and we came upon this wall being worked on by Museum employees.


It is dedicated to the Marine's service in the Pacific and was just having the final plaque attached as we walked up.


While this plaque does not mention Vietnam, it is clear from the dates of the losses that these men were lost in 'Nam.


Next time, on the 24th, we will return to Washington, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Virginia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment