Sunday, June 21, 2020

New Jersey XVIII

During one of my several jaunts into New Jersey I came across the memorial.


Located at a Municipal Center it is home to several memorials honoring a great number of heroes.



Vietnam and the areas local heroes are prominently remembered and honored here.



As I started to write about it and do some research I kept finding it listed as being in various locations. I was a bit baffled, but plugged on.

It has, obviously, been built up over time as more and more remembrances were added.

Eventually, I found the following explanation.

"Cedarbrook (sic) is a small, unincorporated town within Camden County. So, why is this memorial located here? This confusing but interesting memorial was slowly assembled at this municipal building, on Route 73 South in Winslow Township. Winslow is huge, and eventually sucked up some of the communities which have memorials here like of Sicklerville, Tansboro, Elm, Winslow, and Cedar Brook. Monuments that had been erected in some of the communities were relocated to this spot, and new monuments were also raised."

So, for next time, on the 26th, please join me as we revisit New Mexico. As always we'll be there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Jersey, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment