Thursday, June 11, 2020

Massachusetts XVIII

After visiting the very beautiful memorial in Northbridge, I decided to try to find another in the town that I head heard about.

After wondering around for a while I finally found this at the the VFW. I am always touched by the smaller, less "corporate" memorials that I find. I certainly don't mean to disparage, in any way, the larger, more elaborate and therefore more expensive memorials to our lost brothers and sisters. It is just that I am moved by those that had no huge backing from any group, except the few who created them. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of these across America that will never be seen except by the few.


This Veterans of Foreign Wars on Church Street (near Legion Way) has created a small memorial ground to several wars.

There are two here to Vietnam.

One is a general remembrance to all who participated.


The other is dedicated to a single individual, probably raised but a few minutes from this site.


Join me next time, on the 14th, to revisit New Hampshire, as always, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Massachusetts, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment