Thursday, June 4, 2020

Maryland XXVI

Harve De Grace Maryland is about 20 miles or so south of the Mason Dixon Line and George Washington spent the night on his way to New York for his inauguration. The town which lost the vote to become the Capital of the U.S. by a single vote, also, played a role in the War of 1812. Later it was a significant stop on the underground railroad.


Situated where the Susquehanna River meets the Chesapeake Bay, it has always been a draw for seafood, duck hunting and other water interests.


While visiting a few years back I noticed this memorial which I was pleased to find mentioned Vietnam.


The memorials here list no names, but several of our 20th Century wars are remembered.


 Our flag, too, is honored here.


I have read that there are new memorials here and as soon as I can be out and about again I will return to this lovely, historic city to check them out.

Next time, on the 9th we will take a trip back to Massachusetts, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Maryland, or any place else, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment