Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Pennsylvania XVIII

This memorial honors, with out naming them, the Civil War, the Spanish American War WWI, WWII, Korea and then by name, Vietnam. The others are just listed simply as dates: 1861, 1898, 1917, 1941, and 1950.




I have attempted to find out why this was done in just this way, with no luck. If you know anything about this, please let me know and I will update.



It was placed by American legion Post 129 and is located at Fayette Street and W. 2nd Avenue in Veteran's Memorial Park.


This is my 20th post from Pennsylvania and it got me thinking about which states have the most memorials? Some have suggested to me that Southern states are more likely to have the most, but I have no particular sense of that being so. I have found many in both the North and the South and while it might be interesting to know, I expect I will never find out, but I will keep on looking.

Next time, on the 6th, we will revisit South Dakota, so join me there, as usual. at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment