Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Oregon XIII

We, Steve and I, found this great park in Albany, Oregon. Called the Timber-Linn Memorial Park it honors all those who served in and/or were lost in our twentieth century wars.


These are a couple of markers honoring our brothers and sisters from Vietnam.



I could find no explanation for the different markers, so, as always, I will ask you to let me know if you know why this is.



These pics were taken in mid November, but someone had already decorated the P.O.W. sign with what looks, to me, like jingle bells and a small flag.


This park is remarkable, to me, in that Albany has a population of only about 50,000. It lies 70 miles south of Portland and the park may be found at 900 Prince Road.

The Park offers many wonderful facilities, lakes, ball fields, docks and I saw that they have Hot Air Balloon events, too. So, check it out if you get a chance.

Next time, on the 1st of November, we will return to Pennsylvania, so, see you there at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Oregon, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.



No comments:

Post a Comment