Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Washington VIII

This past Sunday, the 15th, a brand new Vancouver Vietnam memorial was dedicated at the Vancouver Veterans Administration Campus. It lists and honors the 58 from Vancouver that paid the ultimate price for their country.

I was in Vancouver about this time last year to visit and photograph the the existing memorial. It too is located on the VA campus and in truth, the new one seems to be an upgrade of the older one.

The site is a little difficult to find as the VA is a pretty big place in Vancouver, but we found it and it is a memorial garden, memorial and a small but very interesting little museum.


Walking through the beautiful site brought us to the memorial it self.



The plaza below the Huey has a large POW/MIA "flag" and a number of dedicated bricks. T
he new one, I read, has added a Wall with the names of all those lost.



I assume that the new site has replenished some of the grandeur of the original as it seemed a bit worn when I visited, but, that may mean that it is often visited and that has to be a good thing.

If I am able to get back to Vancouver, I will certainly check out the new additions and in a future post I will tell you more about the little museum and the two vets we found running it. We (Steve and I) had a great visit with them.

It may be found at the VA, 1601 E. Forth Plain Road.

So, next time, on the 21st, meet me back in Arizona, as always at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Washington, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment