Monday, October 19, 2015

New York VIII


Here is yet another example of a really nice memorial about which I cannot find a single word.


Located on the grounds of the Allegany County Court House in Belmont, New York, it is clear that much thought and planning went into its creation.


 11 are listed here as having made the ultimate sacrifice.
 and 15 others who, presumably, served.


And, one was MIA. His remains were recovered and are at rest in Arlington National Cemetery.

This is the art from the front, the inscription on the bottom says:

Last moment for friends

As is always the case, I would love to hear any information that any of you may have regarding this site. I am frequently surprised by those I hear from that enable me to update this site, so get in touch.

Next time, on the 24th, we will take a trip south to North Carolina, once again. So, as always, join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New York, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment