Saturday, April 11, 2015

Rhode Island IX

This memorial, in Rhode Island, is very interesting to me. I cannot, for the life of me, tell you exactly where it is!



I learned of it be talking to some locals in Newport and they easily directed me to it.
What is confusing is that it is called The Dale Carlia Vietnam Memorial Park. When I seek information  about it, there is nothing. I cannot find a photo anywhere and it is briefly mentioned as a stop on a parade route. Directly across the street from it some stores say, Wakefield and other signs, nearby refer to South Kingston. I hope that someone from the area will contact me and help me understand.



Anyway, it is quite a beautiful memorial on a corner that I have heard (read) called Dale Carlia Corner. So folks, help me out, I really like to be precise about where these memorials are located.


You can see that the park is well maintained, which, sad to say, is not always the case. I was there just a day or two past Memorial Day, so that may have been why it looked so good. I hope it is kept up at all times.


Continued searching allows me to say, with some confidence, that it is located at the intersection of Main Street and Kingston Road in Wakefield. I, also, note that the intersection is to undergo a renewal program so you may want to check that out if you should decide to visit. I hope, too, that the park and memorial are not displaced by the renovations.

Next time, on the 16th we will head south for South Carolina. Join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Rhode Island, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment