Wednesday, May 1, 2024

New Mexico XXVIII

In my last post from New Mexico I promised to share the other memorial site from Lordsburg.

I was absolutely amazed to find such a large and inclusive site in such a small town. Lordsburg has a population of a little over 2,200 in 2022.





There is just so much here that it will take several postings to cover it all. I will certainly continue this particular series over time.

As an aside, I have found very little information about when this remarkable memorial was built or the story behind it. I invite you to enlighten me if you can, Many of you have been helpful in the past so i will hope to hear from someone.

The Memorial Park lies just off I-10 on the corner of E. 4th Street and Main Streets. Lordsburg is about 4 and a half hours west of Albuquerque and 2 and half hours east of Tucson, Check it out, it is well worth the visit.

Next time, on the 6th, we will head back to North Carolina, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00 am.

To see additional memorials from New Mexico, or any other state, please click a state name on the left side of this page. Please note that  Canada, Ireland, and Puerto Rico have been added to the list.

As is now my custom,  I will ask anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not shown here, to send then to me and I will include them (giving you full credit.) Any number of you have added knowledge and honor to this site by doing just that. It is always appreciated and makes this effort better, more completed. Thanks to those who have contributed and to anyone who will do so now or in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment