Sunday, July 3, 2022

Illinois XVII

So, as you can see if you follow along on this journey, I am still searching through files trying to find something to share with you. As I do this, I am reinforced in the thought that I really must find a means to get past my concern about airports. I have no real issues anymore about hotels and I am convinced that the airlines are doing a good job of keeping the planes safe, but I've found no way to determine what the actual airports are doing. I remain concerned. 

All of this is by way of explaining why so many of my recent posts have been in the Faces of Remembrance series. I am running out of posts about memorials. I have a few left from a few states but overall my cache is running low.

Today's faces come from Havana, Illinois. They are etchings on the memorial there which you can take a look at here. It is interesting to me that they are directly across the street from the shop window display of so many faces in actual photographs from Mason County, You can see some of them here.




Even in these caricatures one can see the resignation, fatigue, and sadness of these, who represent us all.

Next time we will revisit Louisiana to see additional Faces from a couple of different memorials. So, join me, at 9:00am on the 8th, to honor our valiant comrades.

Tomorrow is Independence Day, so along with cook-outs, parades, and fireworks, take just a moment to remember those who have fought and died to retain our independence.

To see additional memorials from Illinois, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment