Friday, February 28, 2020

Delaware XIII


Once again we return to Fire Base Lloyd in Delaware. I've posted about it a couple of times before, but keep finding interesting features to show you.

Last time we stopped right at the entrance to see the tank they added to the site. Today, we'll venture back inside to see what has been added since my first visit here some years ago.

This was a simple flagpole on my first visit but it has been "upgraded" since.


The fence is new, as is the take on the Field Cross among the grasses and the eagle.


 These boots are different from what we had while I was there and I never saw the colored laces. Can anyone explain?


This sign was propped up against some stones when I first visited but has now become permanent.


The Marine Corps plays a prominent role here.


On future visits we will look at a number of other interesting additions including tributes to the nurses of Vietnam and the Donut Dollies.

Next time, on the 4th of March, we will revisit Florida, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Delaware, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of thus page.

No comments:

Post a Comment