Saturday, February 1, 2020

Alabama XV

The first time I visited Alabama I went to Decatur. Decatur has a simple memorial to those lost in 'Nam that you can find elsewhere on this site.

While there I noticed some other memorials so I wandered around looking at them.

In addition to the memorial that I came to see, I found another.


It sits not more than 20 yards from the first one. At first, I thought that this was an older memorial replaced by the one I had just photographed, but it seems that is not the case.


 This memorial has seven more names that the first one and it is interesting to note the years listed as the span of the war.


This is one of a couple I have seen that span further than the official, accepted 1975 end of the war. I am sure that this is due to a death of one of these men at the later time. I have seen memorials with end dates as late as 1978.


The memorial is located on the grounds of the Morgan County Court House between Cain Street NE and Ferry Street NE.

Next time, on the 6th, we will return to Arizona, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Alabama. or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment