Friday, November 17, 2023

New Mexico XXVI

Lordsburg, New Mexico lies about 60 miles west of Deming where we visited the last time I posted about New Mexico. Lordsburg has a beautiful veterans park that honors many and I will share that with you at a later time.

Today, however, I want to quickly share what must have been the original memorial in the town.

 

Situated directly in front of Court House is this stone marker that seems to have been originally dedicated to Vets of the World Wars.


There is what appears to be a newer plaque added to include not only those but also Korea and Vietnam.


It intrigues me when I see groups of names with no distinction made as to who served when or where. How much more trouble could it be? Perhaps it makes no difference.

Next time, on the 21st, we will revisit New York, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New Mexico, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

If you are following along at all, you will have seen that a number of you have responded to my request to send me memorials you have seen in your area or where you may have traveled. These submissions help expand the knowledge of how we have remembered the men and women who served or were lost in 'Nam and you help to honor them. If you have any such photos, I would love to see them. Please send them along to the email at the left and I will gladly share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment