Friday, September 2, 2022

North Carolina XIX

The city of Graham is located in Alamance County in North Carolina. At the Courthouse there you can see a memorial dedicated to the local citizens who died in every war since the Civil War.

Interestingly they also include the U.S.S. Liberty attack in which a local citizen was lost. this of course, is most appropriate, I have just never seen it before.

The memorial stands in front of the Courthouse and is made of granite. It was dedicated in 1996 at no government expense.



R.I.P.

A time capsule was planted and is to be open on April 24, 2049.

Graham is located about 3 and a half miles south east of Burlington.

Next time, on the 7th we will return to Pennsylvania, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from North Carolina, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment