Saturday, August 27, 2022

New York XXVII

How I just happened into Springville, New York, I don't quite recall. I know that it was chance and a happy one at that.

Located in Shuttleworth Park where we, (Steve and I,) just happened to pull over for a break, I guess, we found this memorial to four from the area who gave up their lives in our efforts in 'Nam.

There were no signs or other indications that tipped us off. We just happened to park where we did and notice this site.

I, later, read that there are several memorials in the park, but this is the only one we saw. Kismet?

Note the dates given for the war

In 1965 the population of Springville was roughly 4,000 and to lose four of your citizens seems significant.

As a note of interest, Glenn "Pop" Warner was from Springville and is credited with helping to make football what it is today.

Springville is about 35 miles south and a little east of Buffalo.

Next time, on the 2nd, we will revisit North Carolina for another traditional memorial, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from New York, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment