Friday, September 16, 2022

South Carolina IX

I've not spent too much time in South Carolina but some of the memorials there are quite beautiful. the one in Columbia, the state memorial, is pretty amazing and you can see my original posts of it here.

Today, I have tried to pull some of the faces depicted upon the memorial. These, like so many, were taken before the idea to create the Faces of Remembrance series ever occurred to me, so there are not all I hoped they might be, but, I still want to honor them.



Difficult to see but a pilot in flight headgear.


Members of several branches are featured and you can tell that some have worn over the years. I wonder if there is a program to help restore them. I have seen this at other sites and if you click on Kansas, to the left, you can find a post about a restoration project I just happened upon at the University.

These faces represent and honor the 980 South Carolinians who were lost in 'Nam. The memorial is located in Memorial Park in Columbia.

Next time, on the 21st we will return to South Dakota, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from South Carolina, or any other state, please click on the state  name on the left side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment