Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Georgia XXI

While visiting Fort Gordon, Georgia a while back they had a mock up of The Wall on display. As you approached it there were a couple of smaller memorials there, too, all too Vietnam. You can check out a previous post here.

One of these had a number of faces on it and it was a bit different because all these faces were from photographs.

Most of the faces in my on going feature, Faces of Remembrance are carved in stone, or brass in some cases or molded in copper, etc. but, these are something you don't often see: taken from actual pictures.

I will feature a few of them today.

A single, unidentified solder, perhaps lost.


As always, I will include a picture of a dog when possible. I've mentioned before how many of our faithful companions were left behind in 'Nam to fend for themselves. As horrible as I think that is, at least we have changed that policy today. You can read a bit more about that here.

Next time, on July 3rd, we will revisit Illinois, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Georgia, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment