Wednesday, June 9, 2021

North Carolina XVI

A few years back, Steve and I attended a Welcome Home in Fayetteville, the home of fort Bragg and the Green Berets.

It was quite an event and I have posted about it before on this site, but I remembered recently that there was a an adjacent area with several memorials within it. I looked up this one tonight.


Called the Freedom Memorial, this is one of the remembrances dedicated to Vietnam and our lost brothers and sisters.

 Many names from Fayetteville and other areas are honored here.


Some detail from the etched scenes, naturally you would expect to see an image of a Green Beret in their hometown.

As always, I was happy to find these pics from the place where I did my basic training all those years ago, 1966.

Next time, we will take another look at Oregon, so meet me there at 9:00am on June, 14.

To see additional memorials from North Carolina, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment