Wednesday, April 21, 2021

California XXXIV

Thousand Oaks is about 40 miles a little north but mostly west of Los Angeles.

This beautiful park and Veterans memorial is located at 1379 East Janss Road.

When I first arrived I thought that it was very beautiful but just a generic veterans memorial. 

This was the first marker I came across which reinforced my thoughts.

As I walked around the site enjoying the great weather, I came across another.

Then, I came to this one listing the fourteen from the area lost in Vietnam, the only such marker I could find.

The memorial is called the Conejo Valley Veterans Memorial and is a short drive into Ventura County from L.A.

Next time, on the 26th, we will head back to Colorado, so meet me there,as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from California, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment