Friday, February 5, 2021

Colorado XXIX

So, as promised last time, I was able to root through many, many files and find something from Colorado.

The larger memorial here, in the Colorado Memorial Park, is dedicated to all whom were lost in all of our wars with the five pillars representing and honoring the five services. It was dedicated on November 11th, 1968, so certainly we were on someones mind.

Over the ensuing years a number of memorials have been added, encircling the larger one and I have posted some of them elsewhere on this site.

Today, I am able to share an additional one dedicated, specifically, to the Marine Corps.

While it, too, is not specifically dedicated to those lost in Vietnam, we are listed among the many.

I was quite interested to note some of the engagements listed hereon. I was unfamiliar with at least a couple. I am sure my Marine buddies can fill me in on these.

Colorado Memorial Park is located on 1605 E. Pikes Peak Avenue in Colorado Springs.

Next time, on the 10th, we will return to Delaware, so join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment