Monday, February 15, 2021

Florida XXII

While visiting the newer veterans memorials in Deland, which may be found elsewhere on this site, I ventured up to the old hospital which is now a museum. Veterans are remembered here, too. Several rooms in the old historic building have been turned into memorials to those who served.

 

Outside, along the left side of the building is the Veterans memorial wall.

 

Simple in its approach, it honors those 20th century heroes that gave their all.

There is a simple plaque to several including this one to those lost in Vietnam.



No names are listed here but since visiting, now several years ago, I have read that the town has created what might be called a section of The Wall. The same granite that was used in DC has been etched with the names of the 45 from the county who gave their lives. I have not had the opportunity to return to Florida, or anywhere else for nearly a year, but when I can travel once again, I hope to go to see it. If I make it, you may be sure that it will end up here.

Next time, on the 20th, we will revisit Georgia, so, as always, meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Florida, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment