Friday, August 28, 2020

Hawai'i VIII

Long before the beautiful new memorial to those who were served in the Vietnam war, another seemingly lesser known memorial listed their names.

Along these ascending steps are what are known as The Court of the Lost.


Many from previous wars are honored here and have been for some time, but in 1980, those lost from duty in Vietnam were added to these walls.



While wandering the site I found this name blackened in by someone. There is no explanation that I have been able to find, so as I have in the past, I'll ask you to let me know if you have any information about this. I have been so pleased at how often someone reads these pages and gets in touch to fill me in when I ask for your help.


Later, I found another of these darkened names and was surprised to find that it was the name of guy from Arlington, Virginia whom I have written about before on this site.


The name is a little hard to see in the pic. He is Humbert Versace and you can find his story by clicking on Virginia on the left side of this page and scrolling back to it.

Next time, on the 2nd of September, we will revisit Kansas, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Hawai'i, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment