Thursday, August 13, 2020

California XXXI

Just a quick one tonight.

I wandered into Redondo Beach on my way home from my last visit to California. I figured a town of its size must have a memorial, it is only a few miles from the airport and I was pretty early for my flight so I took a chance, I was not disappointed.

This beautiful park, Veterans Park sits very near the Redondo Beach Pier.

These pics come from a cluster along the wall just at the edge of the park.


The cluster remembers many and has plaques thanking various contributors etc.

Twenty from the area are listed here and honored forever.

After this memorial was created it was decided that something more elaborate and fitting should be here, too.

At a future time, I will share the results of that decision. It took quite a while from the initial idea to fruition but I think you will agree that it was worth the wait. So, keep checking back to see this and many other memorials from around the country.

Next time, in the 18th, we will return to Florida, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from California, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment