Sunday, April 29, 2018

Virginia X

In my recent post from San Antonio, I mentioned that the memorial there is based upon a photo taken at Khe Sanh. Recently, I went to the Marine Corp Museum in Virginia to research a memorial I was trying to find. While there, I came upon two memorials to Marine service in Vietnam that I don't think I had previously seen.

Today, I will feature one of them, a memorial to those who fought and those lost at Khe
Sanh, Hill 881.

Probably one of the best known battles of the Vietnam War, Khe Sanh was a costly battle to both sides, the Marines, however, prevailed and kept the nearby airfield open which was one of the primary goals.


Like so many of the memorials and monuments at the Museum, this one stands in its simple
elegance in lasting memory to these brave and noble soldiers.


I know guys that participated in this famous siege and all these years later, they still have difficulty talking about it. Semper Fi, brothers.

Next time, on the May 3rd, we will return to Washington, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Virginia, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment