Thursday, April 19, 2018

Tennessee VIII Faces of Remembrance

Today, I would like to continue my sub category of Faces of Remembrance.

These are the faces of the three men featured in the Tennessee Vietnam Memorial located in Nashville. I have told its story elsewhere on this site and you can find it here.




These three tell the oft repeated story of comrades, men brought together by circumstance beyond their control or desire. In other pictures on this site you can find the larger statue in Nashville, that commemorates, as is so often the case, these three as "On patrol" 

While trying to find out if these guys are actual people (not often the case) I can upon a story claiming that the first guy killed in 'Nam was from Tennessee.  I read it with some interest only to be shocked that he was killed in 1961!

This article was written in 2011, so it is not an early mistake, and it just boggles the mind how people can distort history and facts. I'm not sure why this kind of thing happens, but there certainly seems to be more and more of it today.

I just went back and reread the article to make sure that I had not misread it. I did not. The article is about a TV news report on the story.  For what it is worth, they also got the number of casualties way wrong.

Anyway, sorry to go all off.

Let us remember to honor these and all others that served.

Next time, on the 24th we will return to Texas for another Faces of Remembrance post, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Tennessee, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment