Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Montana V

I was driving across Montana and saw a sign for Helena, the Capitol, and decided to head in that direction. It was quite a distance,as are most things in the state, but who knows when you might be back in Montana?


I found this memorial in the aptly named Memorial Park. It is called the Lewis and Clark Veterans Memorial and sits among the ball fields, an amphitheater, and other amenities. really a nice spot.


The memorial honors a number of conflicts among them, Vietnam.



Thirteen of our brothers are honored here.



On the way to Helena, while driving through the mountains, I was passed by this guy. I hurried ahead and pulled over to take the pic. I had hoped I might find him again along the way, but never saw him again, in the time it took me to put away the camera, get back in the car and on the road, he just disappeared. I wonder what his story is?


So, next time, we will return to Nebraska, so meet me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Montana, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment