Sunday, January 3, 2016

Louisiana X

 


The area is called Arcadiana and is made up of several Parishes (Counties), the first non native settlers came from Arcadia in Canada and we have come to know them as Cajuns.



This memorial lies in Lafayette, west of New Orleans, about 150 miles, in a Veterans Park that has several other memorials to others that served.



According to some official literature I read, it honors the 141 men from the area who were lost in "Nam. I have seen other literature that claims 82, another that lists 21, so I went back to my pics, blew them up and counted, three times, 125. I guess it varies with time, who is doing the counting, and what areas they are including in the count.



Nearby, a single marker.



Next time, on the 8th, we will return to Maryland, so meet me there at 9:00am

To see other memorials from Louisiana, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment