Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Florida XIII

DeLand is about 35 miles north of Orlando and we (my frequent companion and life long friend Steve was with me on this trip) took a short detour to go see it. A city of fewer than 30,000 found a way to honor Vietnam  in two separate memorials in the city. How many times on this site have I commented on the dedication of small towns to their veterans?


Today, I will post just about the specific one near the Court House, on Indiana Street, in downtown DeLand.



There is not a lot of information available about this small, yet somber remembrance.



It contains no names just silent watch. I was able to find six names from DeLand who were lost.




As always, if you have any knowledge or information regarding this site, I would love to hear it. You can comment, or  if you prefer privacy, email me at the address on the left.

Next time, in the new year, on the 3rd of January, come with me, once more to Louisiana, as always, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Florida, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment