Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pennsylvania XIII

In light of my most recent past post from Durham, North Carolina, it seems completely appropriate to post this one from Bristol Township, Pennsylvania.



War dogs, as I said in my last post, are often the forgotten, unheralded heroes of many different situations. This site, in this place, at least, ends that forever. The 19 men from the area who made the ultimate sacrifice are remembered and honored here, also, but I will write more about them at at a later time.


This site dedicated to these warrior dogs and their heroic actions and, also, recounts their, all too often, unnecessary and tragic ends.



This is a magnificent site and I am very pleased to have found it.


This site honors not only the dogs from Vietnam but, also the dogs from all wars listed on a separate marker and here notes the many roles they so faithfully and valiantly played.



Next time, on October 2nd we will return to South Carolina, so join me there, as usual, at 9:00am on the 2nd of October


To see other memorials from Pennsylvania, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment