Sunday, October 27, 2013

Louisiana VII

While driving around, before crossing the Mississippi into New Orleans, we came upon this memorial at an intersection in Meterie. I had been here before, many years ago, when friends lived here. but had spent no time here since.


I can find no mention of this memorial anywhere. It is a multi-war memorial that has a Vietnam component and is located at the intersection of Meterie and Bonnebel.


You can see that it lists no names,only the span of the war, in their approximation. As I have said many time before, some count the war years as beginning with the Gulf of Tonkin incident and resolution. This makes little sense, to me, but I have seen it over and over on this journey.


Next time, on the 1st of November, we will return to Maine, to see the "other" Maine Vietnam memorial. Join me, as always, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Louisiana, or any other state, click the states name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment