Monday, September 20, 2010

Virginia IV






I noticed a sign for Front Royal, Virginia while driving through the area. This area is well known for its proximity to the famous Skyline Drive. Thousands upon thousands of people flock here every year to witness the the majestic change of colors in the fall.

It seemed to me that such an area should have a Vietnam memorial of some type. I was not disappointed. On the corner of Main St. and Royal Ave. I found this memorial. It is a duel purpose site honoring the fallen heroes of both Vietnam and Korea. There is also a plaque to a local Medal of Honor awardee. The site also has a small remembrance of those lost on September 11th.

Once again, to repeat a recurring theme, I was saddened by the number of people in the town who could not tell me if there was a memorial or where it was if one existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment