Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Three Servicemen, Washington, D.C.






The statue of The Three Servicemen (sometimes called The Three Soldiers) that is adjacent to the Wall in DC has recently undergone a renovation and restoration process. It was unveiled recently and I was forwarded a lengthy notice about the process and history of the project. I have tried repeatedly to post all that information here but there is something (for the life of me I can't figure out what!) in the text that prevents it from posting when I attempt to do so. So, I gave up. At least for a while. I kept looking at that unposted piece and decided to give this a try as a compromise.

These links will take you to info and pictures of the newly completed work. The pictures above are some that I took about a year ago. In them you can see some of the aging and damage that has now been repaired.

This takes you to the article about the project

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=59955


This one shows a close-up of the completed work

http://www.defense.gov/DODCMSShare/NewsStoryPhoto/2010-07/hrs_100708-D-7377C-007a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment