Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Kansas XIII

Once again, Molly Macdonald has cone through with some photos from Pratt, Kansas. Molly travels extensively and is well on her way to becoming a regular here. I hope she continues her travels and sending me memorials she runs across. I hope others who see this will do the same.

My appreciation of Molly's efforts and contributions are incalculable.

The memorial in Pratt, like so many, is a multi-war, multi-generational tribute to the men and women who so unselfishly offered up their service and often their lives for their country. Regardless of what one may think of any particular war, their courage and commitment cannot be denied.


Here are listed names of several of those lost in various wars.


And then I noticed this. Three who shared a last name. There is no way , from the information provided to tell if they are related, or were lost. I did some research and could find no one from Pratt with these names. So, I make the assumption, admittedly possibly wrong, that they were not lost. In fact The Wall of Faces mentions only one name from Pratt and he is not listed here. So, until I can run down additional information or contact Molly again, I will have to wonder what it all means.

In the meantime, here are a couple of additional pictures that Molly sent along.



I will finish up today with the above Cobra. they were fairly new in 'Nam when I was there, but we were greatly impressed.I will update as I gather more information.

Next time, on the 22nd, we will return to Maine, so meet me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Kansas, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

Like Molly has done, I hope anyone seeing these posts will forward to me (at the address on the left) any Vietnam memorials you may have in your area or that you may have seen in your travels. I will gladly give you credit for them. Recently, I have heard from a number of you and my gratitude cannot be overstated. You help me to honor our brothers and sisters from 'Nam and I can think og no greater compliment to you, or them,

Once again, thank you to Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment