Wednesday, March 15, 2023

West Virginia XV

On my last trip to the Morgantown area I was able to get to the high school and check out a memorial there to the young men from the school who gave all in Vietnam.



I was wondering around the grounds and eventually ran into a teacher who went well out of his way to help me track down what turned out to be a really great memorial.

Even though it is right out in the open it is somewhat camouflaged by bushes growing around it. I most likely would have found it, or at least stumbled over it myself, but the teacher's help was greatly appreciated.


He told me about the staff member who was primarily responsible for the memorial, but who was not there at the time. I left my card in the hope that he might contact me, but I never did hear from him.

The memorial consists of two parts: a black granite (?) Wall and two separate stands with the pictures of each of the valiant young men and some info about each.

Today, I will share The Wall honoring the 18 young men and post their pictures at a later time.

Next time, on the 20th, we will revisit Wisconsin, so meet me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from West Virginia, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

I will ask, as I do at the end of nearly every post now, for anyone who has pictures of Vietnam memorials not seen here to please send them to me. I will give you full photo credit for the pic and any information about it you may know. Check your state, or anywhere you may have visited, from the list at the left, or any place else. Please send them to the email at the left or directly to me at Ldddad@comcast.net. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment