Monday, September 26, 2022

Texas XVIII

My very first post from Texas was from a cemetery in Austin. Atop the memorial were three combat soldiers, practically in miniature, you can see that post here.

As is so very often these days I have gone back to try to feature the faces from memorials, today, Texas.

The memorial as noted in the original post is in the Texas State Cemetery where it stands among many other Texas dignitaries and as usual the quality of these pics suffers from the condition of the statue itself and the fact that i had not yet conceived the idea of the Faces of Remembrance series so I was not concentrating on that aspect of the site. Lessons learned.

Here are the three faces from the site.



But, fear not, I have finally gotten back on the road and have visited New Mexico and Arizona and will be in Colorado in a couple of weeks and then on to New York state, so, more memorials on the way. I appreciate your patience and trust that I will be able to post more complete memorials in the very near future.

This does not mean, however, that I don't want you to send me any memorials not seen here! I will, as promised, give you due credit.

Next time, on the first of October, we will return to Virginia, so meet me there as always at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Texas, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment