Friday, August 23, 2019

Idaho IX

Back in 2013 I told the story of how I was denied entry to the Mountain Home AFB in Idaho and how through a series of conversations with the people there a visit was finally approved. At the time I promised to revisit the base here on A Means to Heal .

Today, I will share a couple more sites/pics from this pretty remarkable group of airborne memorials and the men who once flew them.



The whole park is dedicated to those who flew the F-111, a fighter based in Thailand. Here the 14 who gave all are honored.



Nearby there is a large freestanding plaque listing the many who were lost in a number of wars, I pulled off the names of those sacrificed in Vietnam.


These 12 seem to be an additional group and why they are listed separately is unclear to me.

Next time, on the 28th, we will return to Maryland, so meet me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Idaho, or any other state, please click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment