Thursday, August 8, 2019

Colorado XXVII

In my months, if not years, of searching for a memorial found elsewhere in Denver, I went to the Capitol building. (The memorial I was looking for may be seen elsewhere on this site.)


Outside as you approach one entrance is the large obelisk that turns out to be the Colorado War Memorial.


It, like so may, is non specific, no particular wars mentioned and no names listed.


Inside, the only mention of Vietnam that I could find was on this POW memorial plaque.



While wondering around Denver I happened into a "head" shop and on the wall was this obviously Native American garment.


I had a black windbreaker that I purchased in 'Nam  with the same wording on the back. It was stolen some years later . Never had a clue who might have taken it as I worked in a school at the time and it was in a closet. Don't like to think it was a colleague or one of my students, so...

The official Colorado Vietnam Memorial is a couple of hours south of Denver in Pueblo. It has a great story to it and if you have not seen it, you can find it on this site, too, it is well worth the read.

Next time, on the 13th, we will return to Florida, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Colorado, or any other state, please click the state name on the left side of this page.

1 comment: