Thursday, January 4, 2018

Maryland XVII

Today, New Years Eve 2017, it seems appropriate to me to be writing from and about my home state, Maryland.


Even though you will be reading this on January 3rd, or after, it just feels right on this cold, final, night of the year to be remembering those from home.


What does not feel right is that I chose to write about a small memorial in Calvert County, at the Prince Frederick Court House, and I cannot find one single word about it on line, anywhere. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Certainly not the only time I have had this problem, but it still upsets me that no one, other than the folks from the county, seems to have taken notice.

So, I can only show you what I have.

Reverse

Detail
A number of wars and losses of the brave are honored here at the Court House, including five from Vietnam.


The Court House and the memorial may be found at 765 Prince Street.

As I so often do, I will ask any reader who has info on this site to contact me, so I can update this with more information. Many of you have responded in the past and I hope someone will, today, too.

Happy New Year to all and I hope that 2018 will be better for each of you!

Next time on January 8th, check out a new post from New Mexico. Join me there, as always, at 9:00am.

To see additional memorials from Maryland, or any other state, click on the state name on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment