Thursday, August 13, 2015

Delaware VI

Seaford is on the way to the Delaware seashore and on the corner of Stein Highway and Rodney Street is a lovely park.


The most prominent feature of several is this war memorial. It honors all who have served and especially those who were lost in our various conflicts.



 Our comrades from Vietnam are honored here along with their forefathers from other wars.


Each entrance to the site is highlighted with this marker honoring all the services and alerting visitors to the memory paths that honor many, living and dead.


These paths meander through the site and seem for the most part to be alphabetical, but then you come across many that are not indicating, perhaps that theu were added at a later time.


I have spent quite a little time in Delaware and due to its small size, I suppose, I have not found too many Vietnam memorials, so I was delighted to find this one. Perhaps further travels will uncover others. As always, if you know of any, I would love to hear about them.

Next time, on the 18th, we head back to sunny Florida. Join me there, as usual, at 9:00am.

To see other memorials from Delaware, or any other state, click the state name on the left side of this page.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post. Thanks for sharing this useful information.
    All Web Masters Must See Tutorials

    ReplyDelete