Saturday, June 28, 2014

Louisiana IX

These are additional photos from the memorial in Avondale, Louisiana and a continuation of the previous post.

The memorial has lots of detail and I thought it would be interesting to include some of it for you to see.


The above pic depicts the ferrying of 1000 ARVN troops to a new location.


This pic names the operation "Chopper" and says that it took p;ace in 1962.


Some of the major battles are listed here, including a few of those not so often mentioned.


This field piece stands in what is called the Garden of Honor.


Once again, The Field Cross, but also with what to me is a more modern helmet. Does anyone know if these helmets were used in 'Nam? Did they come in after I was there, 1967- '68? I would love to know, because it just seems wrong, sloppy, to me if this is incorrect.

Next time, on July 3rd, we will visit Maine, so join me there at 9:00am.

To see additional sites from Louisiana, or any other state, click the name of the state on the left side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment